I called the parents and told them I needed Remmie back, because he is personality over looks. So, that would put two ordinary (but peronsality plus) individuals against the two beauties. But I will have to admit, Anna has personality that out shines her looks any day.
Also, the other thing Anna has going is her budding sociologist skills. The girl watches and studies everyone. She also has learned all the kids in the school and at least one of their parents. Heck, she knows everyone better than her teacher at the moment.
That is the rainbows and hearts side of life. On the other side (called real life) we have had a couple of major melt downs over sleeping (as in she doesn't want to go to sleep for nap or bedtime) along with listening and the consequences of failing to listen and follow directions. Example, yesterday I asked her to clean-up her dolls and markers 5 times and each time I told her if she didn't I was going to throw everything away. Her response "OK, Mommy." So, I tossed everything into a Target bag and then into a closet. Well, that caused a huge meltdown, because I actually followed through with my promise/threat. Sooner or later I will return the items, but she is fine without them at the moment.
I have other examples, but I am wiped-out from tonight's walk. But before I sign off, here are pictures from yesterday....first set are playing bubbles and the second is from the park to which we took the trike. She is working on mastering the trike and doing very well.
2 comments:
Hey Michelle,
Great pictures of Anna! She has grown up a lot.
Are you spoiling your co-workers with your shortbread cookies?
Hope you have a nice holiday,
Kristie
Kristie-
Anna is rather easy to photograph - if one can get here to stay still. I am going to have to invest in a better digital camera in order to take shots of her moving...because the only time she is still is when she is sleeping.
Glad to see you are settling. It looks you are getting to spend a lot of quality time with your niece, who is a total cutie.
Post a Comment