The crazy thing I did...I was asked if I would want to put my name in the hat for a position in headquarters. It is one of those positions that aren't really posted for the world to see but considered key assignments. So, I said yes - after initially saying no. My theory is that I have only a year in at the agency and, therefore, less than a 5% chance of even being considered let alone selected for the position. The panic comes in wondering what happens if I actually am selected - but I am so getting ahead of myself. FYI - if selected, I'll have to take the position; otherwise I will have shot my career to heck.
Other random thoughts include the fact that our two year family anniversary is on the horizon and for some reason the following quote from Disney's Lilo and Stitch (a movie about a orphan alien, Stitch, who is adopted by Lilo) keeps running through my mind. The quote comes from the end of the movie and is made by Stitch:
This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little and broken...but still good. Yeah. Still good.
It really sums up our little family of Anna, Jake (the dog) and me. In society's eyes we are broken because we are not a two parent family - but our family is still good. Yeah, still good.
A couple of months ago I broke down and bought an iPod nano (generation 3), because my MP3 player didn't have enough memory for all my music. And wouldn't you know it, within two weeks Apple comes out with the next generation of iPod nanos and drops the price $50. Ugh...just my luck. But my iPod works and I still like it. And like all technology, it is only outdated not obsolete.
Since I now have the iPod, Anna has claimed my old MP3 player. Below is a picture of her trying to figure out the ear buds. I have since picked her up some of the old fashion ear phones that should fit her better. Also, there are pictures of Anna making Snickerdoddle cookies this past Sunday. It took awhile to get the concept of rolling the dough in a ball instead of a snake. But she finally got the idea.
I have to mention that my favorite part of my new kitchen is the breakfast counter, that is great for baking and doing crafts with Anna (since we each can be on different sides of the counter).
No comments:
Post a Comment