Sunday, October 12, 2008

baking and playing dress-up

This weekends baking adventure (other than corn bread for an FCC chili cook-off) was making shortbread. I figured it was time for Anna to try to tackle a classic (at least for me). She was very helpful in adding flour to the mixture and rolling out the dough. She even liked the raw dough - which is only butter, flour and sugar, so eating it raw isn't all that bad. The cookies turned out good and I'll be taking them into work on Tuesday (Monday being a holiday and all).




After putting on the outfit below, Anna declared herself Princess Anna. She then proceeded to crack herself up.


Her other dress-up item of the day was putting on the boa. She then informed me that "I not spiderman. I super Anna." I have no idea where she gets this from, but darn it is funny.


Yesterday we enjoyed a chili cook-off with the Mid-Missouri FCC chapter. It was nice to meet other adoptive families in the area and to learn that there are two other single moms with girls from China. I don't feel like such a freak anymore - ok, I am still a freak, but you know what I mean.

We hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. We still have one more day, since tomorrow is a federal holiday. Our plans are to enjoy it and play.

No comments: