The good is that we will be getting our security deposit refund this week. I talked to the landlord who was very nice and said he would be getting us a check this week. I earned good karma points, because he was going to refund x and I said no, it's x-100. The 100 was actually for the boys (aka Remmie and Jake) and not really part of the security deposit. I am honest - have to give me credit there.
The bad and the ugly equal my morning. Anna didn't want to get up, which lead to a meltdown when I let Jake out to pee (poor dog was going to burst a bladder). Evidently, Anna believes the chore of letting Jake in and out can only be done by her. After meltdown, we had a clothes issue which went something like this-
Me: "Ok, let's get dressed."
Anna: "It is blue. I don't want blue. I want purple."
Me: "How about pink?"
Anna: "OK"
I proceed to get her dressed in the pink outfit. And we go to the bathroom, where I asked her to humor me and sit on the toilet.
Anna: "I no want pink. I want purple outfit."
Me: "What? You said purple for tomorrow."
Anna: "I wear pink tomorrow. I want purple."
We proceed to change outfits. And are now 10 minutes behind schedule. We get out to the kitchen for the following exchange.
Me: "What do you want for breakfast?"
Anna: "Nothing"
Me: "Do you want a granola bar?"
Anna: "No. Nothing."
After a slow trip down the stairs, we finally make it to the car.
Anna: "I want to go grocery store."
Me: "Honey, we aren't going to the grocery store."
Anna: "We go grocery store."
Me: "What do you want from the grocery store?"
Anna: "Bagel for breakfast."
That answer leads to an exchange that leads to me coming back upstairs for the previously proffered granola bar. Oh, yeah, it also leads to me being 15 minutes late for work this morning.
I have figured out why my mom drinks like a fish now - it is in order to make up for the years she couldn't because Dustin and I were young, my dad was traveling 5 out 7 days a week and she was too exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment