Friday, September 26, 2008

Life happens...

To our faithful (and not so faithful) readers-


We apologize for not posting in the recent past. But life happens...

We didn't have internet service our first week of living in the house and then our energies (ok, my energies - Anna rather play) have been concentrated in unpacking and organizing. I am slowly getting through the boxes (some of which I haven't opened in over a year).
We did take a break last Sunday to spend some time at a local park. Below are pictures of Anna playing on the little kids playground.

And for the entertaining part of today's blog. Well, it finally happened - I locked myself out of the house (along with Anna and Jake). We were letting Jake out in the backyard, when I pulled the door closed behind me. The problem - when you open the door from the inside, it doesn't automatically unlock. So when I pulled it closed, I immediately knew that we were locked out. At least the weather has been nice and all the windows are open. We went around to the front and I worked the screen off the window in the living room, lifted Anna in, and had her open the front door for me.

Other news -

@ Anna is taking gymnastics class again the fall and really enjoying herself. She has master the balance beam and no longer needs to hold my hand while she walks the beam. She loves the bar and trampoline.

@ Anna is sleeping most of the night in her own bedroom. She usually wakes up between 4 and 5am and I put her in my bed to go back to sleep. Also, she is not longer sleeping in pull-ups. She kept claiming the pull-up bothered her, so we eliminated the pull-ups and she is doing very well. We are accident free for the first two weeks.

@ Work is going well and I am up for a promotion from GS-12 to GS-13. I will know towards the end of October if the promotion is approved.

That's all for the evening. Hopefully, we will have updated photos of the house this weekend. If that is the case, I'll do a before and after comparison of some of the rooms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Anna!!! Aunt Jess and Uncle Dustin love, love, love the new pictures:) What a big girl you are these days!!!

XOXOXO,
Aunt Jess and Uncle Dustin