We are moved into the new house - ok, the stuff is in the house and at the moment I am in Alabama (and thanking higher powers that this isn't my duty station) and Anna is with Mama and Papa (only one guess as to who will have more fun this week).
The other news of the week is that Remmie has gone home to be with his mommy, which is Anna talk for the fact that Remmie was put to sleep on Thursday of last week. But how does one explain death to a two year old? Answer, there is no good way. My alternative is to explain why she cannot see Remmie again, which is because he has gone home (to heaven).
Anna has already ripped out Mama's heart with repeating her knowledge that Remmie has gone home. I am not sure who was crying harder this evening when I called home - Anna because she was tired and missed her mommy or Dorothy who has told be Anna that Remmie went home. It is slightly entertaining because I understand what Dorothy is going through, because that was the topic of conversation several times during Saturday's long trip to Indiana from Jeff City. Try crying and driving on the interstate - not all that easy.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Remmie. And I feel for you and your family in trying to explain his passing to Anna.
I'm sorry.
Kristie
Michelle,
So sorry to hear about Remmie. Our kitty Jake had to go to kitty heaven last year when RC was about 3. Of couse she didn't see him as much because he had been sick and reclusive most of the time since she had been home. But I can very much feel your pain about losing a dear friend. I'm sure Remmie is frolicking about in dog heaven with my old pal Spike.
Take care. Jill
Jill and Kristie -
Thanks for the kind words and understanding our loss. It is never easy...
Michelle
Post a Comment