Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Do they charge extra for that?

So, while in Alabama, I have been enjoying lunch at little local places. The first day was Thai (great lunch and not something I could even find in Jeff City - as ethnic food is limit to Chinese, Mexican and German), the second day was a little hole in the wall cafe, and today was the adventure.

Today's lunch was fried chicken at the state fair farmer's market cafe. Actually, in truth, I ordered fried chicken, but didn't eat it. The problem arises when I take a good look at my chicken and realize that there are a couple of small feathers still attached to the wing. Needless to say, the feathers were deep fried with the rest of the chicken and it totally threw me off the idea of actually eating the chicken. So, I opted for my veggies and corn bread.

I am such a city girl if a couple of fried chicken feathers ruin my meal. I have to admit that today's meal is making me take a serious look at more vegetarian meals.

You can stop laughing now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You ain't from around here, is ya?"