I have been thinking about making this post for several weeks. It comes about after watching my bff with her youngest children.
When Anna's constant chatter starts to wear on my nerves, I will remember to celebrate her ability to talk and communicate. There are parents who will never heard their children speak, because those children are locked into their own world.
When Anna's constant motion (climbing, running, etc) starts to wear me down, I will remember to celebrate her ability to walk, jump, run, climb, ride a tricycle, etc. There are children who will never have the physical abilities to achieve these milestones; therefore, I need to celebrate Anna's abilities.
When I am tired of listening to Anna recite the alphabet, Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star, etc for the umpteenth time, I will remember to celebrate her knowledge and learning. There are children who will never reach these milestones because of mental/physical limitations.
When Anna is just wearing my nerves, I will remember to celebrate her. The wait to adopt from China is currently over 30 months, which is causing many prospective parents to pack it up and give up on the dream of being parents. I need to celebrate my child and my good fortune to have been chosen as Anna's mother.
I will remember that parenting my child is a blessing and privilege. I have been entrusted by the Chinese government to raise Anna in a healthy, safe, loving family and environment. I will remember all of these items and celebrate my good fortune.
No comments:
Post a Comment