So, here is how our week went:
Monday - We started out with the meltdown that chocolate couldn't fix. Granted Anna is horrible about going to bed at night and horrible about getting up in the morning. She likes to wake up on her own terms - which don't include getting up at 6:15 am on a weekday (but weekends are fine for getting up early). Normally, I can bribe her with a piece of chocolate into getting up and getting going, becuase once she is going - the world is normally a happy place. Well, the trick didn't work Monday morning.
For some reason unknown to me, and probably her, she wanted to sit on the potty after having used said potty. This was very important to her - so, I worked around the roadblock by getting her dressed as she sat on the potty. Well, 15 minutes later, we were officially running 5 minutes late. When I removed her from the potty, she started her meltdown in ernest, which involved crying (screaming also), kicking and hitting me. Since I wasn't in the mood to be any later than we already were, I just threw her over my shoulder (I figured at least I would reduce the likelihood of getting hit in the face - again) and marched out to the car. I really didn't care what the neighbors thought - because the truth is...I have a toddler in the terrible twos stage of life.
Tuesday and Wednesday were uneventful.
Thursday - Ahh, first day of gymnastics class. Anna was very excited about the concept but wasn't sold on the class until she did her first front roll 15 minutes into class. Then she was up for anything and had a blast. She did front rolls, back rolls, jumped on the trampoline, ran across the gymnastics floor area - which is nice and bouncy and fun to run on - I liked it.
Friday - uneventful
Saturday (today) - We went house hunting and looked at 5 houses. I have yet to find a house that calls to me and feels like home. I took a second look at the new construction home I looked at last week. While I like the house when I am in it - once I leave, I am not craving returning to look again. So, I am going to wait.
Also, I might wait for the new memo on the FHWA guarantee buy program. Once upon a time ( well, until April this year), FHWA had a guarantee buy program, in the if you worked for FHWA and took another position within FHWA, FHWA not only paid moving expenses, but also bought our house from you if it didn't sell after 90 days on the market. The contract that was hired to do the moving and guarantee buy program cancelled the contract in April. So, currently no guarantee buy program.
But a memo explaining how FHWA will be going forward is due out soon - so, I may have to wait for the memo. With my house selling track record (11 months and 8 months on market), I really need a guarantee buy program if I am going to buy in Jefferson City. Because I don't want to be stuck carrying two house payments ever again - unless one is a vacation home somewhere fun.
Last thing....daughter decided to strip (she was getting ready for bathtime) and proceeded to pull a Jake...i.e. she peed in the middle of the hallway. Let me tell you, stepping in toddler pee is about as much fun as stepping in dog pee. But in Jake's defense, he hasn't peed in the house in months.
No comments:
Post a Comment