Saturday, April 26, 2008

National Geographic...



This months issue of National Geographic is all about China...if you cannot make it to the store to buy a copy or want a little more information, see this link:


Today was Chinese School day. There were only two girls in Anna's class - Anna and Sarah. Since there were only the two girls (and their mothers), today was more about review and culture. We had green tea - which surprisingly, Anna really liked.

Anna has started to throw fits in stores if she doesn't get her way or an item she wants. My move is to pick her up and leave without any of the items I was willing to buy for her prior to the meltdown. I think it is starting to sink into her brain that she doesn't get anything if she misbehaves. We also have to work on listening skills.

But according to school - she behaves and listens well. Which means that she has decided that she only needs to behave for other people and not me.

Anna enjoys telling everyone she likes - on the way home from school or on the way or anytime during the day I will here: "I like Lori" "I like Nici" "I like Tonya" "I like Mia (as in Mia Gamble - aka Anna's bff)" and the list goes on. It usually includes all her teachers, several of her classmates, Mia, Remmie, Jake, and the neighbor's daughter, Katie. It is cute - until she tells more five times in a row that she likes Lori (or any other name).

Another accomplishment is that she is beginning to count items. Dogs are her favorite item to count. But she does also point out whenever we are passing cows.


No comments: