Anna had just turned to me and said "potty"
I counted about four layers, all of which had to go back on
Another often heard phrase in our house is "I did it". Which is used whenever Anna accomplishes something, like spearing pears with a fork or spearing any food with a fork or putting on shoes (even if they are on the wrong feet) by herself. My girl is very independent and wants to try almost everything by herself.
I will have to admit that she is testing and pushing boundaries. The other day we were shopping for finger paints. We had what we needed and were headed for checkout, when Anna spied a stuffed monkey (the girl is monkey crazy). I told her to put the monkey back, which didn't happen. She then began to throw a fit because I wouldn't add to her monkey collection. My solution, I gave a warning that if she continued her unacceptable behavior everything was going back on the shelves. Well, she didn't believe me so I delivered and we walked out of the store with nothing - ok, she had nothing and I was carrying a screaming and crying child. Of course, being Anna, she was over the melt down within minutes. Just letting you all know that it isn't all hearts and rainbows all the time over here in Missouri.
No comments:
Post a Comment