Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day....

Anna and I have started to be a little more eco-friendly. Here are our eco-friendly items:

* Recycling (cans, cardboard, plastic, glass, etc)
* Buying less plastic items, including toys. I read an article on a marine biology research who in research on shore creatures and sand was finding plastic pellets, which were the by-product of plastic manufacturing. The scary part, he was in a part of the world that doesn't have plastic manufacturing anywhere near the shore he was studying. So, less plastic in the house.
* Taking cloth bags to the grocery store, Target, etc. We are taking our own bags instead of getting plastic bags. I keep a stash of bags handy in the car.
* Buying organic and/or natural foods. We are buying and eating more organics. In May, after my next trip, we will start scoping out farmers' markets in the area.

Those are the items I can think of at the moment.

Happy Earth Day...we have only one, so enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is just gorgeous...