Sometime earlier this year I read an article in one of my parenting or women's magazines about the division between slacker moms and super moms. At the time, I was thinking well, I am neither. This morning I became slacker mom...here is how it happened:
It's my day off (loving this new work schedule that gives me every other Friday off). So, I tried to convince Anna we should sleep in. We made it until 6:45 before she wanted out of bed. So, we get up and get dressed (slowly - my choice). Anna is cute in leggings and matching t-shirt. Me - no shower, running pants and t-shirt - I think I match. I deserve credit for at least getting dressed and not just wearing my pajamas to take Anna to daycare.
We get to daycare and a couple of other kids have Easter baskets. I say something to the morning teacher about not having a basket for Anna. Her response, we only said the kids needed to bring candy filled eggs. What candied filled eggs, when did this memo go out, where was I, darn it's only 7 Target isn't open get....wait, walgreens is open 24/7 or (shudder) Walmart. These are all the thoughts that ran through my head. Because slacker mom that I have become didn't remember/know that I needed candied filled eggs for an egg hunt today.
Next move, I jump in the car and (shudder) go to Walmart. And what do you know...someone brilliant (at least in my mind) has started marketing plastic eggs that are pre-filled with candy. I am saved and don't have to worry about filling a couple dozen plastic eggs with candy. I grab a couple of bags for daycare, some for the Sunday, a chocolate bunny for Sunday, and an Easter basket. Back to daycare I go and drop off the eggs and basket.
My next move - Panera (where all the old people gather - seriously, no joke) to blog my slacker mom moment and have breakfast. Oh, Anna's breakfast was the chocolate I used to bribe her to help me get her dressed.
Everyone raise there glass to in celebration of my slackerhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment