Monday, March 10, 2008

Chinese School

To my surprise, last week I learned that Jeff City has a Chinese school. Granted it is a small school with only two classes, one for adults and one for children. Saturday was Anna's first class. There were four other children, one adopted from China, 2 with at least one Chinese parent, and one child whose mother has lived in China and wants him to learn the language. Anna was the youngest at 2 and the other children were either 4, 5 or 6.

I was impressed with Anna, who was repeating the words and paying attention to the teacher. Since Anna is so young, I am with her and learning also. Which means that I can work on the words at home with her also.

Another highlight from last week is that I decided to chop off seven inches of hair. I was just tired of it being long and ending up in a pony tail halfway through the morning

Also, last Friday on my RDO (regular day off), I decided that it was time to move into the technology age. So, I went computer shopping and bought a new notebook computer. But that its our move to the technology age - that move was the wireless network router I bought to go with the notebook. I can now blog/e-mail/etc. from anywhere in the house. It is nice and I am enjoying the new computer.

Other benefits are that Anna is starting to take over the desktop for Barney and Elmo websites and I can take my new notebook on the road. So, I will be able to stay in contact when I am in the DC area in April, and then KY and Grand Rapids in April/May, and back to DC in June and July. I have a large amount of traveling programmed for this summer.

Well, that is what is new with us. We hope all our friends are doing well.

No comments: