Sunday, March 16, 2008

Go talk to Remmie...Go find Jake

Those are two phases I find myself saying on a regular basis, especially when I am trying to e-mail about the house or trying to make dinner or trying to clean up after dinner or...you get the idea. At least I have rather understanding and laid back dogs - otherwise I would be in trouble.

@-@ We have an accepted offer on the house!! Closing is set for April 30. This buyer is in a stronger financial position than the last people (aka the kookie people). Funny thing is that the kookie people, who backed out of purchasing the house, were to be looking at the house this afternoon and making another offer. I am rather happy I don't have to deal with the kookie people.

Here are some cute things Anna has said or done over the last week.

** She is obsessed with taking Remmie or Jake for a walk. Here are pictures of Anna trying to put a leash on Remmie. She hasn't figured out the leash clasp works, so asks for help. Probably the most entertaining point comes when the Boys don't move and Anna is trying to get the dog up and walking.






** We were driving home from daycare the other day and Anna starts saying 'Mommy, I'm purtty.' (translation - Mommy, I'm pretty) Well, that floored me because I never call her pretty, I always say gorgeous or beautiful. There is a reason behind this. Between my best friend, T, and I - saying someone is pretty (as in "You are so pretty") means that the person is being clueless or slow on the uptake. So, I avoid the use of saying Anna is pretty - but Jake is called pretty on a regular basis, especially when he has twisted is lead around every obstacle existing in the yard.
** Friday, Anna and I went to get ice cream and shopping at Barnes & Noble. As I am lifting Anna out of the car, she tells me that she is happy. That brought a big smile to my face.
** Yesterday morning when I asked Anna if she wanted to go to Chinese School...she yelled "YEAH" and went running for her coat. She did well at Chinese School - but wanted to play with me more than pay attention. But towards the end of class - she was interacting more with the other girls and instructor. Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend class for the next three weeks. Class is cancelled next week for Easter holiday, and then I will be in Arlington, VA and Anna with be with Aunt J and Uncle D.
Lastly, we have moved into the terrible twos with a vengeance. In the past week, we have had a couple of major melt downs. I have found that sending her to her room and ignoring the meld down is working rather well.
That's all for now. We need to get ready to do a little shopping.

No comments: