Our weekend involved:
* painting - which is a pain the neck. No, literally a pain in the neck, since I had to prime ceilings which were either smoke stained from candles or painted a hideous color or showed prior poor painting skills by the former owners. So, three ceilings primed and one then painted. But I did managed to completely paint out Anna's room - ceiling, walls, and doors.
* Anna turning evil from no nap. Seems she feels free to beat on me when she is tried and not getting her way.
* Anna asking repeatedly one of the following:
1) What's that?
2) Where's (fill in a name)?
3) I go see...dolphins, KatieLizzie (at this time, Katie and Lizzie are one person in her mind), KatieLizzie dog, Mama & Papa, Mickey (as in Mouse), Donald (as in Duck), about any other Disney character you can name.
4) I go to China...standard answer is yes, when you are older. That is then followed by "Mia go to China"
Repeat the above several times over until you want to cut off your ears, even though you know that won't help - you will still be able to hear her because her voice is now ingrained in your brain.
Notes on home ownership -
1) Always ask for a paint allowance, don't trust the owner to actually paint/prime rooms white. Because the definition of white is different from person to person.
2) Look behind doors to see if the door has a crack or hole. I failed to do this - and I now have a cracked bedroom door.
3) Cleaning out the refrigerator is a common courtesy that not everyone else believes in following.
4) See number 3 but substitute cabinet for refrigerator.
5) It is so much easier to paint without the "assistance" of a 2 year old.
6) Painting goes a lot faster when you don't have to worry about the carpet (because you are replacing the old).
7) It is fun (and expensive) to put your mark on your new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment