Thursday, August 14, 2008

I have decided...

that Anna does not know how to stop talking. She is always talking, sometimes to tell me what she did that day (or in the recent past or later that day), sometimes to ask questions, and others just to talk. It is rather exhausting because she expects and demands responses to her "conversations".

Her top questions to ask:

1) What's that noise?
2) What's that? (accompanied with her pointing at something - which isn't always helpful since I might be driving at the time of the question and cannot look)
3) Where is (fill in name of almost anyone she has might in the last year)?

I have moved from actually trying to answer each questions, because I cannot know where everyone is at all times, to asking her what she thinks the answer is.

I am dreading when she moves into the "why" question phase. It might push me over the edge.

And for those of you who think I get a break from the talking once she is asleep...all I can so is NOT! She even talks in her sleep some nights.

And yes, I know I couldn't wait for her to talk and I like talking with her. But every so often (maybe once an hour) I would like 5 minutes of silence.

No comments: