Saturday, January 26, 2008

Random thoughts

Last night I made the mistake of falling asleep at 7:30 with Anna. For those readers who don't know, Anna sleeps with me and has since we moved to Jeff City. The moved wasn't completely easy for her, so she began sleeping with me. Which is totally fine and good, since I have the king size bed. Ok, back to the story...so going to bed at 7:30 had the effect of waking up at 1am and not being sleepy. So, I turned on the bedside lamp to read. Well, that woke Anna and she told me to turn off the light.

So, I turn off the light, lay there watching Anna sleep and thinking how much in love I am with her. I don't know if I would have made the move to Jeff City without her with me. She makes me stronger and braver in many ways.

She is learning to fend for herself against the boys. Here is a picture of the three of them sitting behind my desk chair. Anna has a granola bar and kept telling the boys to back off - a phrase that I use often with the boys whenever Anna has a snack on ground level. Of course the boys take back off and lay down as close as possible without getting yelled at.


My bathing beauty. Bath time the other night Anna had bath finger paint. She was "painting" both herself and the tub walls. I snapped a couple of photos.

We are looking at a couple of houses next weekend and will update you all on that. But there is now a possibility of another move in the future - so, hesitant on whether to buy or not. Seems a division out east, in a city with a real airport, Chinese school, zoo and children's museum, might have an opening for a GS 13 in environment, planning & ROW sometime next year. So, do I buy with the thought I might not be competitive and not get the job. Or do I stay where I am with the thought I might be competitive and moving - so it would be better to rent and save money for a down payment in another city? I welcome your thoughts...

No comments: