When Anna wants to know how to say a color in Chinese, she'll say "what does (color) say." So, the other day we were driving to the store and
She started with "what does red say."
Me: "What does red say?"
Anna: "Red says hongse."
Me: " Good. In Chinese red says hongse and in Spanish red says rojo."
Anna: "No, RED SAYS HONGSE!!"
So, we will put off learning Spanish (you know, the other language I actually know) for awhile, since in her worldview Chinese is the only other language of value. But she knows four colors and counts to ten. I know 7 colors, 4 body parts, can count to 100, and draw 10 characters. Which means that sooner or later she will over take my limited knowledge unless I keep studying outside of Chinese school next year.
Now to the photos - really the only reason most of you come to the blog.
Anna modeling a dress-up outfit (she is claims to be Tinkerbell), and then Anna modeling her new monkey robe. The robe was suppose to be for Christmas, but it is rather chilly now and so she received it early. It is not as if she is going to be hurting for Christmas gifts.
A couple of weeks ago, Anna and I (well, mostly me) babysat Dustin, who is the son of my friend Debbie. Anna did rather well with sharing - but had to be reminded to share and play nicely.
1 comment:
Love to see the purple dragon still in use!
Meanwhile, its never too early to start the college fund, I started Rachel Claire's before I even got the referral. I use NY's Upromise 529 plan.
Hope all is well! jill
Post a Comment