Sunday, June 20, 2010

What a great day!!

First – Happy Father’s Day to my Dad and my brother.  I would tell you this is Skip’s ## Father’s Day (but then I would be giving away my own age – not something I am owning up to at the moment – denial!) and my brother’s second Father’s day, but first as the father of two.

Second – since we couldn’t make the family father’s day event (sorry, 9 hour drive for a day is not in our schedule), Anna and I had a great day together.  We hung out at home, I took a nap (without Anna even waking me once) and then we hit the pet shop.  No, we are not in the market for a new pet, two cats are enough.  But Anna loves to go look at the ferrets, other rodents, turtles, snakes, lizards, fish and birds.  It makes her happy and is free.  A win-win if I ever saw one :).  After the pet shop, we went and saw Toy Story 3.  I highly recommend it – better than Toy Story 2 and as good as the first.

Here is the funny part of living in a small town – at the movie, we sat next to the people who bought my bedroom suite.  I had called and talked to the wife this morning, because they have a couple more pieces to pick-up.  I told her that we were going to the 4:30 show for Toy Story 3.  Lo and behold, they ended up going to the same show with their three kids.  Only in Jeff or any other same town :).

No comments: