
Anna is totally jonesing for the Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter as seen on the right. Actually, Anna wants the pink and purple version, but I want the original red (easier to hand down to a certain boy cousin in about 3 years).
Anna hasn’t yet received this new toy, because we have a new rule in our household. The only way Anna gets new toys (outside of holidays, birthday and Family Day) is to buy said toys with her own money. Which means she has started doing chores (not consistently and not always correctly) to earn commission. Feed the cats – earn a quarter; clean your room – earn a quarter if I had to harp on the cleaning or 2 quarters if done the first time I ask; put away dirty clothes – earn a quarter. You get the idea. I pay her immediately after the completion of each chore. At her age, instant gratification is almost necessary. In another couple of years, we’ll change up and pay weekly.
I have also told Anna that if she helps with the up-coming moving sale, I’ll give her a cut of money from the sale of her items (toys, clothes, movies, etc). Since she really wants this scooter, she has totally gotten into the garage sale groove. And I am not above using this possible purchase to motivate her to part with more items.
No comments:
Post a Comment