Monday, July 27, 2009

1000....

Have you noticed that we, as society in general, don't really count things by the days. I mean who really wants to say she is 488,775 days old and then increase that number each day. It is easier to say 37 years and doesn't look so old.

But every so often, you need to look at the days and remember each also represents a memory or a possible first in a long list of milestones (first word, first step, first sentence, first night of full sleep...).

So, I stopped and made a calculation - today makes 1000 days as a family. No, there are no big celebration plans - just the acknowledgment that we have been a family for 1000 days. Because typically when asked, I will say almost three years (October 30 will be three years).

I also have to say, that I was prompted to make the calculation by reading another family's blog - in which they adopted about a week before me.

No comments: