Monday, April 6, 2009

what???? Is this normal?

When I was a child, my mother (and sometimes my father) threatened to lock me in the closet until I was 18 or 21 or 30 (just depended on their mood and my mischief). Well, that threat won't work with Anna, who has claimed one of my closets as her new bedroom.

It started last Friday night, she thought it was fun to make up a bed in my closet and pretend to sleep, wake-up, go to work, and then repeat. Well, she fell asleep during one the pretend sleeps, which I realized about 30 minutes later when the quiet finally penetrated my brain. I went to checked, because you know silence means two things - sleeping child or child creating chaos. Well, I found sleeping child (see the second photo down). And yes, the cats like the closet also, as evidenced by Seraphina in the first photo and MuShu sleeping with Anna in the second photo.

I thought Friday was a fluke, but no....she wanted to sleep in the closet on Saturday night and again last night. I asked her last night why she was sleeping in the closet and her answer, "Mommy, it's my bedroom." To which I pointed out she already had a bedroom with an actual bed. "Mommy, I have two bedrooms. The closet is comfortable."

I pondered the sleeping in the closet situation, decided that 1) she isn't hurt and 2) she is sleeping through the night...so, why mess with it.