We also made a large number of cookies. Anna quickly the concept of licking the mixer thingies along with eating raw cookie dough. Both fond memories from my childhood.
She also caught onto cookie decorating...and knowing her cookie visions, like a pink snowwoman.
I also noticed several other milestones this weekend:
1) She is beginning to role play. I lost count of the number of times she came up and said - "You are Moto. I Gloria. 'Hi, Moto'". For those of who missing the tie-in Moto Moto and Gloria are both hippos in Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, the movie we saw on Thursday. She has has been role playing as Little Red Riding Hood - wanting play out the scene between Red and the Wolf, who is disguised as grandmother.
2) She has entered the "why?" stage. This one might just kill me.
3) Her imagination is growing. She asked for a big bowl, and then proceeded to threw a whole bunch of wooden play food into the bowl. She said that she was making soup. She then served both Jake and I her soup.
4) Yesterday, I colored my hair. When Anna asked me what I was doing, I told her I was coloring my hair. She then claimed she wanted to color her hair - to which I said that when she had gray hair to color, then we would color her hair. Later in the day, she was taking a bath and dumping water over her baby's head. I asked if she was washing her baby's hair, she said "No, I am coloring her gray hair." She doesn't forget a word.
No comments:
Post a Comment