Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I ride camel. Mommy ride camel. I ride horsey.

These statements have been repeated several times since Friday and our trip downtown to the Fourth of July festival in Jeff City. Actually, the festival starts Thursday night with a parade, carnival, food vendors, beer garden (not that I could check that out with the kiddo in tow), and live music. The party/festival continues on Friday, with the downtown streets closed and different vendors, information booths, live music (Starship gave a concert before the fireworks), petting zoo, pony rides, camel rides (that required me to go with her - it was fun), and ending with a fireworks show. Below are pictures from Friday.

Also, the seller of the house (mentioned in the last post) agreed to all the repairs I requested after the home inspection. I was floored, because I really didn't think she would agree to anything. So, we close on July 25th and then I travel for two weeks. Oh, well, life isn't always easy.

Other news - I spent a week driving a rental car while mine had its engine torn apart, the heads sent to a machine shop, new head gaskets installed, and a new radiator installed. Yeah, I am going to be broke at the end of the this month - with the car repair bill and the new house.

The job is still going great. I go to DC in August for new employee orientation. Yes, I have been with the agency for 8.5 months, but it only does new employee orientation once a year. I am looking forward to getting to see headquarters. Also, I will know at least three other people - two of which are from my division office.


I ride horsey
You see all walks of life at the Fourth festival - including rusted out wagons.
The castle...I mean capitol building. Anna kept calling it a castle.
Anna playing bubbles. Not pictured are the other kids
who were running around popping the bubbles.
Laughing with mom.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did your car get into such a state? Good news on the house; it's a good looking place. An occasional dive and swim in chocolate never hurt anyone, especially when it positively impacts their mood; go for it. You're definitely missed around here. MBA in 6 weeks. . .