We have been in the house for a few days now...and have at least four rooms set up - Anna's, mine, kitchen, and office/playroom. Of course, the game plan is for this to be a temporary home until the Indy house sells and we buy a place out here.
The drive was rather uneventful. I decided to drug Jake, who gets a little nervous/anxious on long car rides, which cannot be good for the little guy. Anna watched Elmo and Barney most of the trip and only took an hour nap. Remmie, being the almost perfect dog he is, chilled and slept most of the way.
Things we miss from the old house...
1) two car garage with a flat drive way; here we have an almost 45 degree sloped one-car drive way. I don't plan on parking in the garage.
2) having two full baths...actually, the under the sink space that comes with those full bathrooms. We have sharing a full bath and the half bath has a pedestal sink.
3) sidewalks for walking...those are a rarity here in Jeff City
4) babies 'r' us
5) Zoo...yes, we have a membership to the St. Louis Zoo (Thanks OES Staff!!), but that is more than an hour away.
6) Children's Museum
7) fenced yard for the boys...we now have tie outs so I don't have to stand outside watching them in the morning, when it is rather chilly
and most importantly...friends!!!
Things we have found in Jeff City...the Target store (very important), Kohls (brand spanking new and really coolly designed), Barnes & Noble, Old Navy, TJ Maxx....ok, yes I realize these are all in Indy. We will check out the downtown area on Saturday for some local flavor.
Other things I have learned in the last couple of days...30 minutes of Barney entertains Anna - therefore, I can get something done while she is memorized be the big purple dinosaur.
1 comment:
You're already missed back here. Glad you made it there safely and are making your temporary residence livable. I won't say I told you so about the driveway; gloating around you was never a good thing or even remotely successful.
Post a Comment