Monday, October 29, 2007

First Days...

Well, we both survived out first days. The Xin was not a happy camper about being left at daycare. After a full week with me, I think she was to accustom to me being present to perform her every whim. According to her daily sheet, she napped from 11:30 to 1, which is good. I was afraid that she would protest nap time, which she was doing at the beginning of last week. But I started enforcing a nap starting around 11:30, knowing that would be her routine at daycare.

My day went rather quickly. I even went to a meeting at the state DOT on a project. I spent most of my day reviewing manuals on my new job duties. Since I am going to be doing work in ROW, I will be studying that rather intensely.

My hours won't be all that different from my old hours at OES. I am going to work 7:30-4 for a 30 minutes lunch. And since there are not all that many places to lunch around the office, I will be taking my lunch on a regular basis - which is good both for my diet and pocket book. In timing the drive, including daycare drop-off and pick-up, the overall commute time is about the same.

On another note, we had an open house yesterday at the Indy house. Three couples came through - couple #1 was interested, has an accepted offer on another house, but have run into large issues during inspection; couple #2 is only approved for financing up to $100,000; and couple #3, she liked the lay-out, he was not too crazy about noise from South Meridian, but both liked the yard, fence, and privacy - they are working with a realtor and will have him/her contact my realtor if they are interested.

So, in all it sounds like it was a good open house.

No comments: