I received my census reporting form today and decided to get it done and out of the way. Mistake - all I got out of it was ticked off at whatever idiot put together the form. One would think it would be simple - report the number of people living in your house as of April 1, 2010. What could go wrong? All I have to do is write a number or two and check some boxes
I was fine in completely the info on me - age, race (wait - decided that I didn't like 'white' so filled in my own - 'caucasian'), etc. Next came XinXin's information and where I became ticked off. The second or third question was XinXin's relationship to me. Ok, what is so hard about that - she's my daughter. But no, our government has to defferentiate between biological or adopted as if there is a legal difference between the two. Seriously, there is no legal difference - just ask the IRS (who is way scarier than the census people can ever be).
My response was not to check a box but write 'daughter' because that is her relationship to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment