Monday, June 8, 2009

Having one of the those weeks...

So, the story goes...we went to a happy hour gathering at a co-workers house on Friday night. Anna had a blast playing the the older girls, especially our hosts daughter, M. Anna's best friend, D, located the water feature immediately and was soaking wet withing 10 minutes of his arrival - but he was having fun (see evidence below).

I finally drag the kiddo away, kicking and screaming that she wants to say longer at the party (literally), and we head home. As I am pulling into the driveway, I notice that the car smells hot and in the garage I notice a hazy around the hood area. Well, I look out on the driveway - and what do my eyes behold, oil (actually, its oil mixed with steering fluid, but I have only learned that today).

We don't drive the vehicle all weekend. Which almost killed us - Anna because she likes to go places and me because there was no soda in the house. In the throes of a caffeine withdrawal headache, I hit upon the perfect plan. If I order pizza from Domino's, I can also order a 2 liter of diet coke to be delivered. Screw the budget - I went for the pizza and $2.50 2 liter of diet coke.
So, here is the skinny on the car - power steering hose has a major leak and needs to be replaced. No biggie, but for the fact I drive a @@@king Pontiac Aztek and the hose can only be obtained from GM. D@mn hose is on order and won't be in until Wednesday. In the meantime, I am renting a two door Pontiac G5, and realizing there is no worry of me buying a two door car anytime in the near future. But I do see a visit to the chiropractor in my near future.


No comments: