Saturday, January 31, 2009

January...

We have been rather busy this month....between getting back in the swing of things after two weeks in Florida, work, school, starting dance, and....well, scroll down to see what is keeping us on our toes.

Anna started dance classes at the beginning of the month and she is really enjoying them. On dance days, she gets up and out of bed easily. Below are pictures in her two different dance leotards. She has two because she received a new one (the bright pink) as a gift for Spring Festival (aka Chinese New Year). It is tradition to receive a new outfit for the new year, so Anna received a second leotard.


Anna practically lives in her "Cinderella" dress. If we are home on the weekends, it is the first thing she puts on (over her pajamas). After school, she has to put it on right after getting home. I am waiting for the thing to fall apart.



and now introducing the newest member of the Missouri Hilary family...Mushu, who came home today. Mushu is a little boy (neutering planned for June) who is about 10 weeks old and full of energy. We found him today at the shelter and decided he would be a good part of the family. Jake is being rather good. Surprisingly, he wants to play with Mushu, not eat him.
The whole reason for another pet is that Jake loves me (I would be the center of his world) and tolerates Anna, with a little like on the side. I want Anna to have a pet that will love her - but that would also be accepted in a large number of apartment complexes in case we move in the next 5 years. Anna did fall in love with a dog at the shelter - her name is Remmi - but I was firm that she could only have a cat.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I have showed the picture of Anna and the newest Hilary to everybody I can!!! What a cute kitten for a very, cute little girl!!!